Panasonic has launched its next generation i-PRO Extreme surveillance technology platform, a native end-to-end H.265 system designed to maximise the performance and cost-effectiveness of video surveillance systems, whilst protecting against cyber security threats.
The new platform will be rolled-out across a new line-up of Panasonic cameras, recorders and video management software (VMS) in 2017, delivering advanced enhancements in image quality, data compression and security, reliability and embedded intelligence.
The i-PRO Extreme platform has been launched in the Australian market in response to the rising need for companies to store significantly more data at a lower cost and reduce bandwidth requirements, which the platform ensures by reducing streaming and storage by approximately 50 per cent over the H.264 industry standard. It’s estimated that by the year 2020, accumulated data will grow to 44 trillion gigabytes, creating global pressure to find effective solutions.
Australian businesses are also increasingly looking to the Internet of Things (IoT) to help protect valuable operations – from warehouses and factories to city infrastructure assets – requiring sophisticated surveillance technologies to detect physical theft and vandalism. However, the uptake of these IoT devices has made businesses more vulnerable to cyber security threats – with the potential of a $14 billion damage bill over the next decade for Australasian cities.
The Panasonic i-PRO Extreme range of cameras provide a highly secure protection layer and robust authentication to guard against cyber threat with a PC-level IP data security suite via Panasonic Secure Communication technology, and Symantec Device Certificates.
“The i-PRO Extreme will meet our Australian customers’ needs for high quality surveillance imaging while lowering bandwidth requirements, reducing data storage expenditure and protecting their data – vital in today’s demanding and ever changing business environment. This demonstrates our commitment to offering integrated solutions that provide maximum ROI for our customers,” said Daniel Sultana, National Sales Manager, Security, Panasonic Australia.
KEY i-PRO EXTREME TECHNOLOGY ENHANCEMENTS
Extreme Visibility – Captures the highest quality images even in very dynamic and challenging lighting environments. The new i-PRO Extreme cameras feature Intelligent Auto control, deliver outstanding low-light performance and feature an industry-leading 144dB of Extreme Dynamic Range for balanced exposure and accurate colour in every situation.
- Intelligent Auto (iA) Mode – Panasonic’s iA camera technology simplifies installation with plug and play operation. It continuously monitors scene dynamics and motion to automatically adjust key camera settings in real-time, optimising captured images and reducing distortion such as motion blur on moving objects.
- 144dB Enhanced Super Dynamic Range – New industry-leading 144dB dynamic range performance delivers balanced scene exposure in highly dynamic and extreme-backlit lighting environments.
- Colour Night Vision – The i-PRO sensor delivers impressive low-light performance (0.0008 to 0.015 lux) with outstanding colour rendition and saturation.
Extreme Compression – To meet rising data storage challenges, H.265 compression technology coupled with Panasonic’s Smart Coding technology delivers the highest quality images at the lowest bitrates. It begins with H.265 encoding, a 50 percent reduction in bandwidth compared to H.264; and Panasonic Smart Coding and Smart Facial Coding push that to a 75 percent reduction.
- H.265 Compression – Industry leading H.265 encoding delivers high quality images while reducing streaming and storage requirements by approximately 50 percent over H.264.
- Smart Coding – Working in conjunction with H.265 compression, Smart Coding with GOP Control reduces bandwidth even further on relatively still scenes while Auto-VIQs (Variable Image Quality on Specified Area) analyses scenes automatically for motion and intelligently reduces bandwidth requirements even further for a combined data storage reduction of up to 75 percent over H.264.
- Smart Facial Coding – High performance face detection technology in the camera automatically detects faces in a scene and encodes those regions at the highest quality, ensuring clear identification.
Extreme Reliability – Delivers low failure rates and redundancy, anchored by technologies like intelligent HDD Dynamic Power Control for the upcoming WJ-NX400 recorder. Automatic-Failover allows two recorders to run in tandem, reducing HDD failures and greatly extending working life.
- HDD Dynamic Power Control: HDD power control technology built into new WJ-NX400 recorders intelligently and dynamically powers down HDD’s without risking recording loss, while extending HDD life up to seven years (depending on environment and usage).
- Auto-Failover: New WJ-NX400 recorders can be connected in tandem to enable seamless recording redundancy for mission critical applications.
- H.264 Backward Compatibility: New H.265 enabled cameras include H.264 compatibility modes enabling customers to migrate portions of their system to the new standard at their own pace. This allows users to maximise existing investments in H.264 products while reducing overall TCO and helping to future proof their networks.
Extreme Data Security: In today’s multi-device network environments, Machine 2 Machine (M2M) and IoT devices are at risk of attack. i-PRO’s Secure Communication Suite ensures powerful end-to-end IP security for i-PRO Extreme based surveillance networks, and robust authentication using Symantec Device Certificates.
- Secure Communication: Because every device with an IP address is potentially vulnerable, i-PRO Extreme with Secure Communication now offers an additional layer of network based protection including a PC-level security suite, embedded in all new i-PRO Extreme Cameras, Recorders and Management Software for robust data and communications encryption.
- FIPS Certified: i-PRO Extreme products meet the Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS) 140-2 Level 1, as required for FBI and Public Safety use.
KEY PRODUCT ENHANCEMENTS
Key enhancements in all new i-PRO Extreme camera models now being rolled out include:
- H.265 Smart Coding (Long GOP, Auto-VIQS, Smart Face Coding)
- H.264 Compatibility and mixed mode streaming, recording and viewing
- Auto Image Stabilisation
- Secure Communication
- Up to 4-Stream simultaneous H.265/264 encoding
- Enhanced Super Dynamic 144dB at 30fps (depending on model)
- Ultra-high sensitivity from 0.0008 lux to 0.015 in color mode (depending on model)
- Touchable Rain Wash Coating (outdoor models only)
- Built in IR LED (up to 130 feet)
New i-PRO Extreme Recorder WJ-NX400
The WJ-NX400 i-PRO Extreme H.265 Secure System Recorder (available in late 2017), will feature H.265/H.264 recording, increased throughput and recording channel capacity as well as an integrated GUI for PC-Less applications enabling a complete camera/recorder/viewing solution without the need for a separate PC client.
New i-PRO Extreme Video Management Application WV-ASM300
The new WV-ASM300 i-PRO Extreme H.265 Secure Video Management Software application (available in late 2017), is a major new update of Panasonic’s popular WV-ASM200 software. The ASM300 is a powerful Windows® application that enables a secure, scalable H.265 ready, multi-camera, multi-recorder surveillance management environment and is compatible with Panasonic’s legacy i-PRO line of H.264 cameras, recorders and encoders.
Panasonic Security Solutions
Panasonic is an international leader in security solutions. Offering an extensive range of network cameras, video recorders, interfaces, controllers and more, Panasonic’s security products utilise state-of-the-art technology and industry leading innovation to provide outstanding surveillance as well as provide unique marketing and analytical tools.
Innovative releases include Video Insight Video Management Software – one of the first platforms to support H.265, and an enterprise-class video management security solution that supports more than 3000 camera models from 100 manufacturers and integrates with the most popular access control systems. Panasonic’s Aero-PTZ is the industry’s most rugged pan-tilt-zoom security camera, designed for mission critical applications in severe weather conditions, from rain and snow to extreme temperatures and gale-force winds.
For more information on Panasonic Security products visit http://security.panasonic.com or call 132 600.