Panasonic Australia has released new network-friendly 5 Series security cameras. Suited for both indoor and outdoor applications, the 5 Series provides outstanding images and wide dynamic range performance, incorporating Enhanced Super Dynamic capabilities for clear and easy identification in high contrast scenes and backlight situations.
5 Series Network Cameras:
Outdoor Vandal Resistant Dome (WV-SFV531)
Indoor Vandal Resistant Dome (WV-SFR531)
Indoor Dome (WV-SFN531)
Indoor Fixed (WV-SPN531)
Robert Wensing, Group Manager, Security, Panasonic Australia, said: “The new 5 Series dome cameras deliver great performance and a dramatically reduced cost of ownership. They offer high sensitivity and provide clear images in low lighting conditions. With Full HD 1080p resolution at up to 60 frames per second, they are capable of capturing rapidly moving objects from bills in banking environments to vehicle licence plates on the road, or moving chips and cards in casinos.”
“All of our fixed network cameras are designed to withstand harsh conditions both outdoor and indoor which make them highly durable and reliable. They are very network-friendly, with technologies that save bandwidth, maintain quality and allow quick review of footage.”
Panasonic’s new 5 Series Dome and Fixed Network cameras also provide advanced features such as 133dB Enhanced Super Dynamic Range, and day/night functionality with a built-in removable infrared (IR) cut filter. The 5 Series uses Panasonic’s latest image sensor technology combined with Multi-process Noise Reduction (MNR), resulting in high sensitivity of 0.07 lux in colour images, and the ability to deliver clear images with minimum ambient light.
The 5 Series conserves network bandwidth by sending out multiple H.264 and JPEG streams, sized appropriately for each device requirement (monitors, recorders, mobile applications). Higher H.264 compression algorithms included in the powerful UniPhier® Shadow Compression Engine LSI processors save network bandwidth and recorder disk space while maintaining high image quality. Finally, supporting four transmission modes of constant bitrate, frame rate, best effort and advanced VBR, the new 5 Series cameras enable a flexible and effective network design for any application. For local storage options, the 5 Series cameras come equipped with an SDXC memory card slot for on-board recording.
The WV-SFV531 outdoor camera is IP66, NEMA 4X and IK10 weather and impact resistant, while the WV-SFR531 indoor cameras are IK10-rated impact resistant. A built-in dehumidification unit keeps the WV-SFV531 camera up and running consistently, preventing water and moisture from penetrating the enclosure. The wider tilt angle of the lens of up to 85° and distortion-free dome design enables lower cost of installation and configuration. A new mounting attachment enables easy set up; once the plate is secured on the ceiling the camera can be fixed tightly with a quick 15° degree rotation.
The 5 Series cameras are also available with optional intelligent Video Motion Detection (i-VMD) technology, including intruder detection, loitering detection, direction detection, scene change detection, object detection and cross line detection. The evolved self-learning algorithm and powerful UniPhier™ system LSI results in high detection rates with fewer false alerts.
Other key image processing technologies featured in the 5 Series include:
- Super Chroma Compensation (SCC) recovers the colours of objects when the built-in IR cut filter is removed to enhance light sensitivity in low-light conditions.
- Fog compensation improves video quality in difficult weather conditions such as fog, sandstorms and more.
- High Light Compensation (HLC) produces clear images, reducing the effect from strong lights such as headlight glare.
- Auto Back Focus (ABF) keeps fine focus, automatically controlling precise image sensor position, thereby streamlining installation and maintenance.
- Lens Distortion Compensation (LDC) removes barrel distortion from images caused by wide angle lenses.
- Adaptive Black Stretch (ABS) enables clear identification of people and objects in the dark areas by compensating the signal level automatically.
- Face Super Dynamic enables clear identification of a person’s face, detecting a facial part in the picture and performing Super Dynamic automatically.
- Variable Image Quality on Specified area (VIQS) saves network bandwidth and recorder disk space, capturing clear images of regions of interest with higher image quality.